Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Farmer's Market Savings


Here are some pictures displaying the beautiful vegetables that I purchased at the Farmer's Market. I try to stress how incredible the savings can be and I wanted to prove it with these photos. I purchased all of this produce for 13 dollars. This particular Saturday was in the middle of the summer and produce was at its peak. I have found that up until the end of the season produce is faily inexpensive compared to the grocery store prices. Towards the end of the season the amount and quality of produce starts to decrease. Unfortunately for consumers the prices tend to increase slightly. Despite this price increase, I still support local farmers because the prices at the grocery store are still higher and the quality is compromised due to transportation time.

Pictured below are cucumbers, tomatoes, peaches, eggs, green bell peppers and eggplant!
All for the price of 13 dollars!

Enjoy these photos!





I hope that you were inspired to shop locally in efforts to support local farmers and save money.

Happy Shopping!
~Little Chef-titian
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment