Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fun, Fall & Fabulous!

Here are some of the dishes that I have created during this fall season! I hope you enjoy the array of tasty dishes that highlight various seasonal vegetables. Be inspired to cook outside of your normal menu and highlight the seasons best!



Fresh Green Leaf Salad with Craisins, Cucumbers and Walnuts:
It is dressed with a homemade red wine vinaigrette. This is a great salad anytime of the year and pairs well with all of the entree's featured below.



Stuffed Acorn Squash:
This is a roast acorn squash stuffed with black beans, goat cheese, fresh tomatoes and garlic. I loved this dish and would make it again with a variety of "stuffing" combinations. This was my first time cooking/eating acorn squash. It was mild compared to butternut squash but still encompassed a full fall flavor. I was not sure if the skin would be tender enough to eat but it was delicious! This dish provides a healthy dose of vitamin A and fiber.


Herb Roasted Eggplant:
I was inspired by a cooking light article out of the November issue which featured a cooking school in Paris. I have eaten eggplant all sorts of ways, but never considered fanning it out prior to cooking. Fanning it allowed for a neat presentation and quick cooking time. The eggplant is topped with fresh parsley.



The Herb Roasted Eggplant served on top of a Whole Wheat Spaghetti:
It was topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. This is alternative recipe for those who adore eggplant parmesan. It was delicious, hearty, and satisfying.



Honey Soy Cod, Sauteed Savoy Cabbage and Baked Sweet Potato
This meal was amazing. The feature was the Honey Soy Cod. I really impressed myself once I tasted the fish. I purchased the Cod fresh from Harris Teeter for only $4 for 8 ounces (which serves 2, 4 oz servings). I made a homemade marinade highlighting soy and honey. This was a beautiful combination and made this delicate fish savory with a hint of sweet! The savoy cabbage was tender and tasty after being sauteed with olive oil and caramelized onions.


Each of these recipes showcases a fall flavor. I hope that you will be inspired to create seasonal dishes that are healthy, creative and delicious!

Happy Cooking!
Little Chef-titian

No comments:

Post a Comment