Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Flavor of Summer

I am loving how the sun is out longer, the weather is getting warmer and everything is turning green. Flowers are blossoming and farmer's market are back open. In celebration of the changing of seasons, I prepared a recipe that epitomizes spring and summer.

Mango Salsa!

I created chicken pita stuffed with mango salsa and fresh greens. Combining sweet and savory flavors is always one of my favorite combinations. The entire dish was simple and fresh. This was my toast to warmer months!


Mango Salsa with Fresh Mint and Cilantro









The chicken was sauteed in a lemon, garlic and ginger vinaigrette
The side dish: Mushroom couscous with lemon zest


In addition to toasting to summer, I surprised my husband with champaign to toast to his hard work! The dinner and champaign received a A+!




Happy Toasting!
Little Chef-titian


No comments:

Post a Comment