Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Harvest


This year I started planting early. I researched what could be planted starting in February for our region and learned that lettuce, broccoli and various types of cabbage love the lower temperatures. My pots were soon filled with red leaf lettuce, broccoli and bok choy. I had never planted these vegetables so I was crossing my fingers they would survive the ranging temperatures. With all the recent rain and sunshine, my plants have began growing quickly and will soon be ready for harvesting!


RED LEAF LETTUCE

(BEFORE)
.

(AFTER)


BROCCOLI AND BOK CHOY

(BEFORE)


(BEFORE)


(AFTER)


HERB GARDEN: FLAT LEAF PARSLEY, CILANTRO & DILL



ROSEMARY, MINT & SAGE



ROSEMARY



I have already began using my herbs. Soon, I will harvest the lettuce and bok choy. The broccoli has not produced any florets yet but I am hoping to see something in the future! I will be sure to document the recipes made with the fresh produce!

Happy Harvesting!
Little Chef-titian

No comments:

Post a Comment