Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Simplicity at its finest!

When 3 or 4 pm rolls around, I am usually thinking about what I am going to cook for dinner. My kitchen stays stocked with seasonal fruits and vegetables and a few staple items. This allows me to be creative and construct a meal around fresh ingredients. I have found that some of the most delicious meals are the simpliest. For example last week I made a pasta dish that brought me right back to Italy! It was a whole grain spaghetti that was tossed with extra virgin olive oil, sauteed mustard greens, ripe juicy tomatoes, basil from my garden, fresh garlic, and grated parmagian cheese. This dish blew me away and it only took around 25 minutes. This is an example of what I call simple cooking.

Not only does simple cooking equal fresh but it also means healthy! Others may opt for fast processed food, but that is not what I am inferring to with simple.

I define simple as fresh, timely, cost efficient, and balanced. This is how I choose to cook at home and I continue to discover new meals that keep my taste buds dancing and my body healthy. I love being able to share these tips with others and hope that you too can incorporate the "simple cooking" approach in your culinary journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment